Several programs offered at MTC award credit for a corresponding course at Blue Ridge Community College as well as other Virginia community colleges. This dual enrollment opportunity was arranged to promote effective and efficient use of the educational resources of the Commonwealth and encourage qualified Massanutten Technical Center students to pursue post secondary educational opportunities that directly build on their learning at MTC. This opportunity is designed for high school juniors and seniors and 10th grade students may obtain a waiver to be eligible.
- MTC students who complete the group of MTC courses specified and graduate from high school shall be awarded advanced standing credit for the courses specified. The credits earned may transfer to other institutions but are not guaranteed.
- MTC will maintain a course record for each student which identifies areas and levels of achievement. This record will become a part of the student’s official high school record.
Currently the following programs offer dual enrollment opportunities:
- Architecture and Interior Design-Blue Ridge Community College
- Computer Repair-Blue Ridge Community College
- Criminal Justice-Blue Ridge Community College
- Electricity-Blue Ridge Community College
- Engineering Technology-Blue Ridge Community College
- Veterinary Assistant-Blue Ridge Community College
- Webmaster/Computer Animation-Blue Ridge Community College
- Automotive Technology-Dabney Lancaster Community College
- Diesel Technology-Dabney Lancaster Community College
- Fire and Rescue-Dabney Lancaster Community College
- Restaurant Careers-Dabney Lancaster Community College
- Welding-Dabney Lancaster Community College
- Automotive Technology-University of Northwestern Ohio