Microsoft Word 2007 (WINDOWS)
Back to Techportal
RCPS office computers were updated to Microsoft Office 2007 in May 2011. There are endless existing online resources (tutorials, etc.) to help make a smooth transition to the new version. This page provides links to some of those helpful resources. Search online to find answers to specific questions.
- Interactive Command Reference Guide — Click on the familiar Word 2003 command and watch this interactive guide display where to find the feature in Word 2007.
- Quick Source Guide (PDF) — 2-page PDF document created by UNCC is an introduction to Microsoft Word 2007
- Quick Reference Guide (PDF) — 2-page PDF document created by HBU is a summary of commands on formatting text, tables, mail merge, and graphics
- Screen Layout (PDF) — The first page of this 6-page PDF document created by Valdosta State University labels the various parts of the Word 2007 screen
- Intro to Word 2007 (PDF) — 13-page PDF document by University of North Florida provides a training file on how to get started with Word 2007
- Keyboard Shortcuts — detailed list of many keyboard shortcuts to use in Word 2007
- How to Add a Header - created by Valdosta State University
- How to Move Graphics Around in Word 2007 — Set up Word 2007 so you can drag pictures where you want and the text will wrap around them as needed
- How to Save a File as PDF — PDF "printable or portable document format" will open on any computer and is a good choice for files that need to be read—but not edited—by others (ie posted online, attached to an email, etc.)
- How to Change Default Settings — Change Calibri font to Times New Roman; Change Line Spacing to Single; etc.
- How to Include Filename and Path name in Footer — Add a Building Block in Word 2007 to provide option for filename and/or path code in the footer
For more information, please contact Doris Gardner.